My boss is having an affair

My boss is having an affair and it isn’t hard to tell!
She's always chuckling, while on her cell.
You'll find her sometimes in the corridor,
prowling behind the fire exit door.
Her phone is glued to her cheek.
She’s always laughing. She seldom speaks!
She can't seem to get any work done,
because she is always in the mood for fun.
 
She's always giggling on the phone
from dusk to dawn
and dawn to noon
from noon till eve
and eve till night
she's always giggling when in plain sight.
 
Husbands seldom make their wives laugh!  I am, therefore, certain it’s not her better half.
Who then could it possibly be
who makes her blush so unwittingly?
I decided to investigate the matter
and solve the mystery behind her gigglish-chatter.
In order to dive into the plot's mysterious depths,
after work, I decided to shadow her steps.
 
She continued to giggle, after work,
even in the elevator where there's no network!
She giggled against the elevator's doors,
her laughter rose as we descended floors.
Who is this terribly witty friend
whose jokes never seem to end?
Who can chat thus, for hours, on and on?
From dusk to twilight and twilight to dawn?
 
My curiosity was growing in leaps and bounds
when, all at once, her phone fell to the ground.
As providence would have it, her precious phone
fell in a way that it turned on the speakerphone. 
A loud booming manly tone
emanated form that ghastly phone.
I had expected to hear the voice end up blurting
declarations of love or sensual flirting.
 
But, instead, what I heard was simply a narration-
no promises of love nor any such declaration.
And when the voice said "Very good, Sir!"
I realized that I had completely misunderstood her.
All at once, I saw the reason behind her laughter,
her constant blushing at work and even after.
She was no cheater, no double crossing crook-
She was simply listening to a Wodehouse audiobook.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A strange experience in a Mumbai local

Journey to the center of the mind

I’d like to speak to the manager