Ruthless Existance

The people we hold closest to our heart,
those living beings we fondly call friends,
when times get tough are known to depart,
and all that togetherness abruptly ends.

We are left cold, in the lurch,
groping in unpredictable darkness,
of a minute ray of hope we roam in search,
as we are overshadowed by paramount sadness.

And then one solely wonders,
did friendship ever exist?
Why did our pals turn out to be our offenders,
leaving us cold, devastated and transfixed?

With time we turn to the one we love,
the one who is better than the best,
the one who is a gift from God above,
only to realize he is not different from the rest.

And then depression sets in,
making us the butt of all jokes.
Its demeaning , all the commotion and din,
made by our lover and unimportant blokes.

And then one timidly wonders,
did love ever exist?
Why did our love turn out to be our greatest offender,
leaving us cold, devastated and transfixed?

Then the truth confronts this dumb witted teen,
staring at me smugly in the face,
"didn't you know people are so mean?"
they'll use you, destroy you and leave no trace.

And i beg of God for an answer,
a clue, a message or a pitiable hint.
Why was i deprived of my happiness and cheer,
Why was i made so innocent?

God gave me his reassuringly big smile,
"don't loose heart my child,
My favorites join me after a while,
I love those who are at spirit innocent and mild"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A strange experience in a Mumbai local

Journey to the center of the mind

I’d like to speak to the manager