Project N

Neha the legendary manager

Neha sets heads turning wherever she goes. It isn’t surprising that she is a topic of discussion on the 9th floor. I've heard people praise her polished way of speaking and her demure sense of dressing. I've heard people praise the way she carries herself and debate over whether she knows Hindi.
When she walks to the pantry to fill her bottle, she glides effortlessly to the end of the office. With those long hands swaying besides her lean frame and her hips swinging to music that only she can hear, it really is a treat to the eyes! Almost everyone raises their heads to watch her walk by. Many envy her, most are awed by her.

Neha gets to discuss and have meetings with the most handsome men. After a meeting, if you run up to her and say “That guy was so cute”. She will throw you a bemused expression and say “was he?”

Neha the Sorceress

Neha is a prophet and a philosopher. Her advice is sound and pragmatic. Her predictions and prophesises always come true. She is a mixture of Dumbledore and Sirius Black from the Harry Potter series. Having said that, I am quite certain she hides her wand in her hair



Neha the Diva

Neha is the wonderful long legged reigning princess of IR. She is, by nature, soft spoken and calm. It is almost impossible to get her perturbed. If she is very annoyed, the maximum she will do is, throw you a very bored look. That look is her way of non verbal castration. She can punish with silence. She also has the rare ability to carry the expression which conveys "I-don't-know-you-but I'm-trying-to-place-you, feel-free-to-throw-me-a-hint". She constantly advocates that Tamil men are the real deal (I agree).

She is tall, lithe, and slender. She has the lissomness of a gazelle and the poise of a Victorian empress. Her neck is long and imperial. She has beady wide eyes which carry a tinge of mischief. Her smile is empyrean and welcoming. Angels play harps, when she smiles. She is so beautiful that it is a challenge to take your eyes off of her. She’d easily win the ‘best hair’ award if there was any such thing in Marico. Her hair is lustrous and shiny. She could easily be a model for a Parachute Advanced Hair Oil advertisement (Maybe I should point this out to the Marketing team). She is, characteristically, of retiring disposition. She’d quail at the thought of being conspicuous. Neha would prefer a good book and sound nap over drunken revelry. However, I would like to tell anyone who would believe me that this outward appearance of sombreness is all hogwash. All you have to do is scream “lizard” in order to unsettle and unnerve her.

Neha the prankster

Don't be fooled by her innocent eyes. She is quite devilish actually. Hidden behind that placid face is a naughty mind.
She is constantly thinking of goofy ideas and eccentric methods of action. She is at the helm of planting outrageous ideas in my head and then challenging me to go forth and achieve them.

Neha the friend

Neha is a good friend and a confidante. She is someone I look up to. She has done plenty to mitigate my feelings to the loathsome college (NM) to which she unfortunately belongs (Sorry Neha). She is the compass that shows me direction when I go astray, the voice that sounds me every time I fail to see sense. All I have to do is scream “Nehaaaa” and she will reply with “What have you done now?” She is my partner in both committing crime and detecting it.

The moment I step into office, my eyes scan the IR isle looking for her, and if she hasn’t come to work, I am certain that my day is going to be bad.

Neha had once told me (during one of her philosophy giving sessions) that it is very difficult to make friends in the Corporate World. She added that if in the rare event you find a friend, consider yourself very lucky. I consider myself very lucky to have made a friend in Neha.

I don’t know if I will miss Marico, but I will certainly miss Mrs. Neha 

Lots of Love and warm cuddles

Your Namesake

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A strange experience in a Mumbai local

Journey to the center of the mind

I’d like to speak to the manager