Dear God

Thank you God for opening my eyes,
for making me sensible, for making me wise.
Although I'm in trouble and times are tough,
I'll pull through this storm however rough.

I look at the heaven and smile at the skies,
for now in me a belief has begun to arise.
Your spirit is in me and is keeping me strong,
I know you won't let this lament last long.

At this hour, lord please be by my side,
you are the only one in whom I can confide.
Bring strength in me and life to my veins,
a healing, an antidote to these pains.

I need you now, please hold my hand,
besides me now like a pillar please stand.
Whatever happens don't let me cry,
This grief is killing and can make me die.

As darkness descends, please be my hope,
however gruesome please help me cope.
Please take over my mind and be my heart,
Everyone has left me but you don't depart.

Do with me what you think is best,
Be my guide when I'm put to test.
Place me in your hands and keep me secure,
keep me innocent, timid, wise and demure.

Foster in me a feeling of trust,
Do with me what you must.
But bring an end to these trials, this pain,
and help me fall in love again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A strange experience in a Mumbai local

Journey to the center of the mind

I’d like to speak to the manager