So many lice

I have come down with a case of lice. They are all over my head. Unfortunately they aren’t gnawing at my scalp like they usually do, they are inside my head this time, nibbling on my brain. They are everywhere especially around the amygdala. 
I’ve tried all methods to get rid of them. Apparently you can’t drink Mediker. Also that doubled toothed/edged lice combat sphere of some sort can’t comb cerebral creases. That’s only for the hair. Ugh 

I’ve tried banging my head against the wall but that just slows them down a bit. It doesn’t exterminate them. 

I’ve tried drowning my thoughts in intoxicating substances. They pass out briefly! That gives me temporary relief. But once the lice are up and about, they attack me with renewed vigour. Some lice don’t even get drunk. They just get buzzed and then they become honest. That makes things worst. Clearly, alcohol is not a solution here. 

I can’t sleep, I can’t eat, I can’t sit still for five minutes. They are taking digs at me. Even the white lice are not kind. 

Doctors can’t find a cure either. I consulted all of them. Allopaths, Homeopaths and psychopaths. They all say the same thing ‘ITS ALL IN THE HEAD’

But hey, we knew that already, didn’t we? What a waste of time and consultation fees. 

I’m at my wits end. I mean come on, hit me with the truth, don’t comfort me with lice. 

“Tire them out, they feed off your thoughts” says a voice inside my head that strangely sounds like that of Adam Sandler’s. 
“What, really?” I ask 

So now I’ve got to stop thinking? An over-thinker’s dream this! Do I start thinking about not thinking? Wouldn’t that amount to thinking? Or do I not think about thinking? That would be thinking too though, wouldn’t it? Catch 22 

Adam Sandler says to me 
“Mediker is for the hair, 
But for lice -exterminating 
Try regular meditating” 

Oh so he’s being poetic now. Meditation, huh? That will kill the lice? 

I collect my thoughts and try to focus on my breathing. I try to let my mind not wander. But this is so hard. This is so damn difficult. There are just so many lice. 

:( 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journey to the center of the mind

I’d like to speak to the manager

A strange experience in a Mumbai local