Speaking from the womb

They've put me up in such a compact place; the walls are dripping with slime and blood. I cannot even stretch my arms without disturbing the position of things. I make a mental note to complain about the transportation service that landed me here. The name, if I correctly recollect, is “The Conception”.

The Conception has quite a wide network and can be easily reached at www.conception.org

The “org” in this case doesn’t stand for organization; it stands instead for “Organ”.

In all fairness, I must admit, the food is quite wholesome, a tad too healthy, but sumptuous nonetheless. There is the occasional turbulence, when everything wobbles and I experience slight discomfort. I reach out and stomp the slimy walls in defiance. That usually brings the tremors to a halt.

If I’m not wrong, I’ll be out of this damp accommodation within a week or two. To make myself “at home” and to put an end to the cramping, I tend to shift at times, leading to a series of tremors. I can’t wait to get out of here, I’ve heard that the exit route is rather narrow and I’ll have to be extremely lissome and agile in order to safely break through the narrow gateway. I'm worried though, my stark nakedness may draw untoward stares. The last thing I'd want, is my naked pictures splashed all over a social networking site. However, the thought of what lies outside, is exhilarating and each passing day, it becomes harder to contain the excitement.

I intend to, break the chords that bind me here, unshackle the restraints, haul my way out and drudge through slime and blood and taste the air of the outside world. I’m sure I’ll greet the world with tears and cries of joy. I can’t wait to be born!


-A cynical foetus






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A strange experience in a Mumbai local

I’d like to speak to the manager

Journey to the center of the mind