Morning has broken!

I habitually refrain from working against the clock. The hurried packing of essentials, pigging out on jam and bread, haphazard donning of the attire while it’s still under process of being ironed is not really the way I like to function. So I am an early bird who likes to chew her worm at leisure. The restful morning brings with it a barrage of chirping and an array of sun beams that gently caress the skin. Having an early start ensures I can chow down my bacon and gulp down my tea with an air of triumph. Even the dog days of summer seem pleasant at daybreak. With ample time at my disposal, I can rise and shine with optimistic cheer, drink in the sunlight and waltz around filing my office bag and conclude with absolute conviction that I have packed everything except the kitchen sink. With a spring in my step and a flex in my knee I find my feet and march to work. If you are an early riser, you can never get up on the wrong side of the bed. The reason being, once the alarm is silenced, you can mentally decide from which side you want to hop out. This morning therapy can be achieved only if you hit the sack early. Should you decide to investigate absurdities at midnight, this morning meditation will remain a distant dream.
Having an early start has many advantages. It will ensure you don't arrogantly brush past people ignoring their warm pleasantries, slam your briefcase into unsuspecting people's femurs, ruthlessly jaywalk across main roads and jostle co-passengers in the heat of the moment. If you value time, and pace yourself around its ticking you can walk around with your chin up and can never be caught on the wrong foot. To cut a long story short, an early riser can never feel under the weather. And so, come hell or high water, I am always up by eight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A strange experience in a Mumbai local

I’d like to speak to the manager

Journey to the center of the mind