No defence to this Dark Art!


I am like Lord Voldemort in many ways. Not because I have an oddly shaped nose or because I summon my friends by tickling their forearms. Not because I have these moments where I get transfixed and my mind becomes a portkey transporting me into a different dimension and certainly not because I behave like an ugly child. I am like him because I tend to create horcruxes too.

I don't go about doing this by killing people and then proceeding to store my soul in inanimate objects. I pour a part of my very being into every poem I compose. Sentiment oozes out of my soul and falls onto the page thus immortalizing me through my verses. Poetry begins with a lump in the throat, followed by an adrenaline rush that culminates into a rhythmic sonnet. Every deep emotion finds an exit route through poetry. Anger surges through my blood and finds its way into a systematic rhyme scheme.
Excitement that I cannot contain leaps off my chest and forms a part of titivating prose.

Harry may have been a pathetic horcrux for you know who, but he certainly is the finest horcrux for Rowling. An inkling thought, a fleeting feeling attains infinite existence through literature. And thus each one of the pieces of writing that I have crafted has killed my mortal self a little and has transposed me into the realm of immortality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A strange experience in a Mumbai local

Journey to the center of the mind

I’d like to speak to the manager